eLEOT collaborates with other organizations in order to create a network where peers can periodically meet and exchange ideas.
CSEDU 2015, the International Conference on Computer Supported Education, aims at becoming a yearly meeting place for presenting and discussing new educational environments, best practices and case studies on innovative technology-based learning strategies, institutional policies on computer supported education including open and distance education, using computers.
In particular, the Web is currently a preferred medium for distance learning and the learning practice in this context is usually referred to as e-learning. CSEDU 2015 is expected to give an overview of the state of the art as well as upcoming trends, and to promote discussion about the pedagogical potential of new learning and educational technologies in the academic and corporate world.
MIMOS has been created from an initiative of a group of Italian operators in the simulation field; during an informal meeting held in February 2000 in Turin, they agreed on the opportunity to increase the knowledge on Modelling and Simulation in Italy by exchanging reciprocal experiences. The idea was to proceed with the creation of a National Association on Modelling and Simulation acting as a reference point for all Companies, Organisations and Users involved, in any way and form, in such a field.
MIMOS’s Terms of Reference include:
- To promote the diffusion of the simulation culture in Italy, putting as a common factor the experiences and the knowledge of its members, facilitating, at the same time, the development of an adequate sensitivity on the advantages deriving from the employment of the related technologies.
- To thoroughly disseminate the information at national level, by means of dedicated events; acting, as far as possible, as a speaker in relevant international contexts.
- To facilitate the exchange of experiences and competencies among the members interested on a specific sector, encouraging the transferring of experiences between different sectors, identifying main areas of interest and developing partnership initiatives.
- To facilitate a more efficient dialogue between University and Industry on relevant topics, encouraging and promoting common initiatives; supporting University in the identification of educational and research needs in the simulation field.
- To facilitate a wider involvement of the Institutions, both civil and military, in the simulation field to develop useful applications to fulfil future requirements.
- To evolve as an Excellence Centre and co-operate with national and international agencies appointed for the standardisation and certification of methodologies, criteria and simulation tools, taking into account the quality system.